Fatherhood programs work with fathers to help them improve their parenting, relationship, and employment skills and generally strengthen families to improve outcomes for children. Some of the approaches to this work are universal, others are more culturally grounded. This webinar explored strategies that have proven successful in work with fathers from Latino backgrounds.
Participants will improve their knowledge and understanding of:
- Ways in which working with Latino fathers may differ from work with other dads.
- Strategies that have proven successful in connecting with Latino fathers.
- General tips for programs that work with Latino fathers, including hiring and training culturally competent staff, providing effective services, and creating an environment of mutual learning and respect.
- Resources for more information.
- Jerry Tello, National Compadres Network, Los Angeles, CA
- Jose Muñoz, Compadre y Compadre, The Children’s Shelter, San Antonio, TX
- Alicia La Hoz, Family Bridges, Chicago, IL
Facilitator: Jen McHenry, National Responsible Fatherhood Clearinghouse
Do you have something you think is appropriate for the library? Submit Library Resources.