Four presenters from three states answered the questions below and identified innovative practices states are utilizing to engage fathers in the 13th FRPN learning community webinar.
- What are innovative state policies and practices to engage fathers in key family programs?
- How are some child support agencies passing through more child support to families, adjusting orders for fathers with low incomes, engaging fathers to avoid court involvement and using debt forgiveness and driver’s license reinstatement to promote father engagement in workforce and parenting programs?
- How are some child welfare agencies locating fathers whose children are in child welfare cases, staffing father outreach efforts and adjusting child support collection to promote family reunification in foster care cases?
- How are some maternal and child health agencies engaging fathers in prenatal and post-partum care?
- What type of fatherhood research is needed to move the policy agenda forward in these areas?
Do you have something you think is appropriate for the library? Submit Library Resources.