A two-part, 45-minute activity designed to help fathers define and identify the difference between nurturing and non-nurturing parenting practices. Please see handouts for detailed instructions, activity pages, and group facilitation prompts. From The Nurturing Fathers Program.
- To accept feelings as a normal aspect of human experience and to reflect on our ability to experience and express a wide range of feelings.
- To identify guidelines for relating to other people’s feelings in a nurturing way.
- To define the nurturing characteristics that are shared by both fathers/males and mothers/females.
- To identify the nurturing characteristics that exemplify the father/male style of parent.
- Male Nurturance Handout
- Print enough handouts for the group.
- Follow handout instructions.